Pillows are something that every person uses and often, when couples get married and are just starting out, they still have old pillows from teenage years. Instead of taking those old, out-dated pillows into a new marriage, why not add pillows to your registry list?
After all, you want to enjoy a good nights sleep after getting married so why not choose pillows to reach the ultimate comfort. If you think this is a good option for you, then you should consider some of the following tips to ensure people buy he right type of pillows for your wedding:
Style of Sleep Keep in mind that different people sleep differently. Some people will sleep on their backs, some on the sides, some of the stomach, and some people simply spend their time tossing and turning. For this reason, it is important to choose pillows that support the way in which you sleep:
Pillow Fill Just as there are different sizes and firmness of pillows, there are also various types of fill, as you will see below:
- Back One or two medium pillows
- Side One or two medium pillows
- Stomach One soft pillow that is flat
- Toss and Turn A down or plush-type pillow that is fluffy
Pillow Size Finally, pillows come in all types of sizes to include:
- Feather and Down The down gives the pillow softness while the feathers provide a little bit of firm support. These are excellent pillows but because of the fill must be dry-cleaned.
- Goose Down Of all pillow fills, goose down is the most versatile. Since it changes shape along with the person and their type of sleep pattern, this is always a good choice. Now, keep in mind that sometimes, people are allergic to feathers. In this case, you would need to register the hypoallergenic type. Like the feather and down pillows, the goose down pillow must also be dry-cleaned.
- Latex Foam Rubber These pillows tend to be heavy, providing a firm support for the head and neck
- Polyester Typically, the polyester pillow is airy and light but you can choose from a variety of supports from very gentle to an extra firm pillow. Best of all, polyester pillows are machine washable and last a long time.
- Polyurethane Foam Considered the egg crate pillow or memory pillow, these will form to the head, which makes them extra comfortable. Now, if you have never tried a polyurethane foam pillow, you might visit your local department store to see if you like it because sometimes, people thing this type of pillow is too firm.
- King 20 x 36 inches
- Queen 20 x 30 inches
- Jumbo (standard queen) 20 x 28 inches
- Standard 20 x 26 inches